Certificates of Deposits (CDs) and CD Rates
A certificate of deposit (CD) or share certificate is a smart, low risk way to put your money to work for you. It’s an account with a specific term and a higher rate of interest than a regular savings account. You can grow your money at a fixed rate over a set period of time. The longer the term on the CD, the higher the dividends you can earn. The Annual Percentage Yield (APY) is fixed until the maturity date.
Features of a NET Credit Union CD
- You can open a share certificate of deposit for as little as $1,000
- Competitive rates
- Choose from a variety of IRA CD terms ranging from 3 to 60 Months
- Certificates are automatically renewed at the end of the term.
- There is a penalty for early withdrawal
- Premium rates are offered for CD balances over $50,000.00
For certificates with an original term of 12 months or less, the penalty amount will be 90 days dividends.
For certificates with an original term of 13-30 months, the penalty amount will be 365 days dividends.
For certificates with an original term greater than 31 months, the penalty amount will be 720 days dividends.